An In-City Escape: The Getty Museum


 
I took a visit to the Getty Museum last weekend. It was only my second time there, but now, I’m hooked! I lucked out to be there that weekend because Johannes Vermeer’s “Woman in Blue Reading a Letter” from the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam was on exhibit. Although it was a lot smaller than I expected (18.3 x 15.4 inches to be exact), it was exquisite. And apparently everyone else thought so too, since we had to break through the crowd to get a peek!  We strolled through the rest of the museum and made our way to the cafe.

After buying a mini bottle of wine and fruit and cheese plate, my friend and I laid on the grass looking over the entire city and the ocean. It has to be one of the best views in all of LA. We fell asleep under the warm sun and an hour and a half later made our way through the Central Garden.

All in all, it was a fabulous day at the Getty. What a treasure LA has! I cannot wait to escape again and see what’s new!



0 comments:

Post a Comment